Friday, February 19, 2010

The Surfer Room

Well we finally made the transition from the crib to a big boy bed. It's been about a month now and so far it's a success. I was a little nervous since we were moving him not only to a big boy bed, but also to a new room downstairs. Luckily he thinks it's the coolest thing ever.

Awhile ago my friend Nikki Luthi posted her cute little boys room, and I loved the surfboard in she had in his room. So from that I decided to decorate Ethan's room in a surfer/beach motif. I found lots of things on the internet and then threw them all together. There are still a few things I want to add, but they will have to wait. At least for now he loves it. I guess we can all be happy!!

So Mom, here are the pictures you've been asking for:

10 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it!! Turned out so dang cute!! Man you get something on the brain...and GO! Wish I was as motivated as you!

Jessica Madsen said...

It really turned out cute. How is it to have your baby out of a crib?! I love his room. I bet he feels so big.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

ADORABLE!!
I bet the little 'Surfer Dude' feels pretty cool with his Big Boy room!
I LOVE it!

N Luthi said...

love it! it look great kara!

Kellie said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! He is such a big boy :) I guess they didn't have the dark brown table at IKEA... I think the light blue looks SUPER cute!

Tyler and Jill said...

With this room it might inspire him to follow in his Mom's footsteps and attend BYU-H! Not to mention swim out and get in the biggest waves ever like a little dare devil.

It's so cute and I love the colors you painted the walls.

The Dabo's said...

So cute! I have always wanted to do a surfer room. And either that dresser is huge or Ethan is tiny!

smargetts said...

I love the room. You did a wondeful job. Thanks for taking the pictures. You were self motivated as a child,and you still are. I know that I can always count on you. Thanks for all you do for me. I love you with all my heart

Annie said...

i love decorating rooms. I wish I had wnough money to redo our rooms every year. turned out cute!!!

The Jacobson Family said...

Love It!