Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Our Valentine Weekend

Good old Valentines! I do have to say I was spoiled by my hubster! We had Desert Start tickets on Saturday night, so we hit that up along with what was supposed to be our traditional run to Braza Grill, but with the hour and a half wait we decided to bail and hit Mimi's instead. Then I was spoiled with this.....
A Kindle!!! I LOVE to read! I had mentioned this to Kurt a little while ago, thinking it might be a good birthday gift, but to my surprise he remembered what I had babbled about and surprised me with it! I love it!!! For those of you who are confused....you can download books to it and read. So instead of carrying around all your books it's all downloaded right to this little gadget. Plus books are much cheaper to buy then to actually buy the real book. I love it and was so excited.

And some even more exciting news....this one was VERY spontaneous. In fact I had just had a conversation with my in-laws about not getting a new car....now I'm eating my words!! Goodbye my dear old RED and hello to my Mazda CX-9.

Kurt has been having his two year itch of cars....(just kidding) he really has been wanting to get rid of the explorer ever since it started getting super crappy gas mileage. We initially traded in my white V6 explorer when we got the new boat so that we had a V8 to pull it with. A couple of months later my car loving husband sold his mustang and bought a truck, so no need for my gas sucking car!! The past couple of months Kurt has been trying to get me to test drive the CX-9 and yesterday I finally caved!! I love how it drives, it has a third row, it only had 7,000 miles on it, and it's decked out in black leather, along with some fun bells and whistles. So here's to me driving in my new ride!! Valentines was good!! Thank you my lover!!!

9 comments:

The Dabo's said...

Wow! I got a card.
Love the car!

Kristin said...

So excited about ALL of your gifts! The car is AWESOME...as is the Kindle. You were spoiled, as you should be!
Love you!

I'm Mindy. said...

Looks like you are very loved! I love the new gifts!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

DaNG!! Valentines at your house is more like CHRISTMAS!!
I LOVE the car...The color is GREAT!
You will have to pick me up and take me for a spin!
Also...Just wanted to tell you THANK YOU for the FABULOUS Birthday gift!! You did NOT need to get me a thing!
It came in handy while trying to get ready for Costa Rica!
THANKS AGAIN...You're GREAT!

Walter Family said...

What a great weekend! I love your new car! We got ours Valentine's Day/Presidents Day weekend last year so this is totally giving me flashbacks! So fun!

Kellie said...

You DID just finish telling your in-laws about not buying a new car:) hee hee. It looks so cute though; I can't wait to see it for reals!

Unknown said...

I LOVE new cars!! That is awesome. I have heard a lot about those kindles too they seem so cool. You'll have to let me know how it works.

Beth and Jess said...

Wow!!! love the car it looks like lots of fun. I gave Jess heart peeps. I am not showing him your post. :)

Margetts Fam said...

LOVE the car and LOVE the kindle!!! I am so jealous! However, I hate the apples...can you please change your border? Something like a nude Matt Damon? Or you could go with the horse backdrop that I had a while ago.