Saturday, November 7, 2009

We Survived!...or more like HE survived!


Yesterday was the infamous eye surgery! Everything went great! The doc said that surgery went fast and that he was amazed how well his eye muscles had healed from the last surgery. He said it was almost as working on a fresh new muscle. We are keeping our fingers crossed that this was the last time. Coming out of anesthesia for Ethan is always a little emotional. He hates all the tubes, I.V's, monitors, etc....so he immediately started freaking out. It took all I had to console him, and with one wrong word it set him off again. Luckily he was thirsty and downed some apple juice so the time in post-op wasn't long at all. We checked in at 7:30, had surgery at 9:00, and pulled into the driveway at noon! It's always an emotionally and physically exhausting day the first day, but today seems like a new day! He is jumping around happy as ever. His eye drops are the only thing that throw off his day! Wish us luck to this being the LAST surgery!!
As you can tell his eye doesn't look to bad. Only one muscle on the outside was worked on. It's all red on the outer white area and a little swollen, but not too bad. It looked a lot worse last time....as you can see below.

11 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

Poor guy. He was so unhappy yesterday when we saw him. I felt so bad for him. I hope this is his last. He is a trooper.

I'm Mindy. said...

Yay! I am so glad to hear that all went well. Poor Ethan..he has been put through alot!!

Annie said...

That's great everything went well. It is hard seeing them so upset.

Kristin said...

YIPEEE! Fingers crossed that it's the last! He is hilarious...still being his crazy/psycho self, love it! Oh how I love him! I'm so glad it went smooth for you, and yay that it's over! You guys are troopers!

Jesse said...

Glad it is over and that it went well. I hope he never has to go through it again. I'm sure it was a rough day for everyone. He is getting so big. He looks like a little boy instead of a toddler in those pics.

Jessica Madsen said...

tough little guy. I sure hope it is the last time for all of you. You are all so strong for going through this again. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Glad that it went well. That has to be so scary for you as a mom. He is such a cute cute boy:)

Walter Family said...

Wow! He really looks good for just having surgery! How you described him after coming out of anesthesia reminded me of Ashton when he had his tooth pulled a couple years back, he was a monster coming out of it! Poor little guy, I'm so glad for you guys it's over and we'll pray for you that it's the last!

Kellie said...

Ahh, sweet little boy! I'm glad it went so well and GOOD LUCK that this is the LAST Surgery!!! I can't believe how little he looks in that last picture, but I love how he's making almost the same face :)

Ruby Ridd said...

Glad to hear that!! Poor guy, he is a good sport!

Unknown said...

I am SO relieved to hear that everything went so well :) I can't believe how big he has gotten. He seems like such a tough little man.