Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oh the Zoo

So with my sister in law living like two minutes from the zoo, I hit her up to head to the zoo with Ethan and I. This year proved much more interesting for Ethan. He was way more interested in the animals, and loved seeing the "horsies" which were actually zebra's; but they all look the same right? It was a good day with two boys who wanted to snack, relax, and check out some animals.

The highlight for Ethan was definitely the play area where Bennett had to be the brave one. He had to do things before Ethan believed it was safe and would try it for himself. He also loved the train and had a pretty good hand wave down for the thirty second train ride in which we saw like one animal....no wonder they make some good money. It was a fun day to get out of the house, free tickets from some random ladies in Kellie's ward who happened to be going the same day, and good company.

and what is the zoo without the ape picture? This took some coaxing on Ethan's part, but Bennett as you can clearly tell wanted nothing to do with it. He was way more interested in his freedom out of the stroller and the stick he was ABOUT to find.

6 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Looks like fun.

Snyder Fam-Bam said...

great pictures! Love the one of Ethan looking like the ape. Looks like he loved it!

The Broughs said...

I can't believe how big Ethan is getting. Oh I haven't forgotten about your birthday lunch by the way...I am trying to help Adam get organized for school to start and I will call you soon!

Annie said...

Fun!! We always like going to the zoo. Little Ethan is getting big. He looks so much like you.

Unknown said...

The zoo is my favorite place! I love the animals! You guys are so cute :)

smargetts said...

It was good to see your new pictures. My boy is getting so big. I just want to reach out and hug and kiss him. I love and miss all of you everyday.