Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our Crazy October

Ok it really is official....I am a SLACKER! November is my new month to get back with it and start blogging more. October was a fun yet busy month. Here is a recap of what we've been up to.

We went costume hunting.... (Reese's was ordered online so she became another Captain America)
 I canned some salsa.
 Made caramel apples.
Went to Hawaii for a week. (Pictures to come in another post or two.)

Ethan had Spirit Week at school. We didn't get the memo so we missed crazy hair day, but did Cowboy day....
and Rockstar Day.... (we didn't get the full affect since it was a quick shot rushing into the school.) He had star glasses, leather bands, and chains that weren't on.
Went to Jack's birthday party.
Lost another tooth.
Went to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins.
Carved ONE (yes we are lame) pumpkin. Ethan was super excited to carve it until Kurt told him he needed to clean it out. 
 After failing to convince him to stick his hands in the pumpkin ...
 I put ONE seed on his chest to which I got a complete freak out.
 After calming down he finally realized it wasn't hurting him and cleaned out the rest of his pumpkin. Am I the meanest mom?
 The finished product.
Went to see Thriller. I never get sick of this show.
And finally celebrated Halloween with our two Super Heroes...Captain America and Wonder Woman.
Saw some of our cousins,
 and went trick or treating with friends.
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Michelle Kelly said...

I wouldn't say you are a slacker Kara! You made caramel apples! I LOVED the picture of Ethan with the seed on his chest, I laughed so hard!

Shell said...

What a fun month! Reese's costume was adorable!!! No, you're not a mean mom. THat is so funny about Ethan hating the insides of the pumpkin...I think Thad would react similar--Except we're not even fun enough to carve ONE pumpkin! Haha, cute family!

Kristin said...

I haven't blogged since June...can you come do mine?
Love your crazy October. I dread October more than any month...crazy days, but Oh so fun as well!!

Stephanie said...

Your kids are so cute!! And I find it funny how similar our kids personalities seem, wish they could be buddies!!

Rich and Nickie said...

Oh my gosh...that picture of Ethan and the pumpkin seed is the best. I can't stop laughing:)

hollyw said...

Sounds like a fun October! I have a weird question for you and I can't find your email address. Do you remember what tutorial/pattern you used for your car seat cover/canopy? I need to make one, but I want to use a pattern that someone else has used so I know it will fit right.

The Blanchard Family said...

Hey you! Will you text me your sis-in-law Mindy's phone #? I need to hire a photographer to take pics of kids with Santa on a night in December. I just got a new phone and none of my #s transferred over so I don't have yours anymore :( Mine is 801-897-2274...THANKS!