Friday, September 9, 2011

Swiss Day Mania

Our annual Swiss Day trip has come and gone! Can I just say how much I LOVE this trip! This year we did something a little different...my cousins and some of my aunts from my mom's side came up with us. We hit Cafe Rio on the way up and then hit the Park City Outlets to begin our shopping spree. Then it was off to Midway where we stayed up laughing and talking way too late!
It's tradition to take a picture before we head out to do some major shopping. Trust me there were many more then just these three....but I'll spare you!
And finally it was off to Swiss Days! Every year gets more crazy but it's nice knowing that we have all the time in the world. We all split off and hit up what we wanted. I shopped my heart out and found some fun things. After our shopping we headed to the Homestead for a yummy lunch and of course a trip into the crater.
Later that afternoon the boys headed up with the kids and after laying around and showing them our fun purchases we headed into town, grabbed our own dinners, and then met back at the park to let the kids play!
The boys & Reese got new jammies at the outlets!
Saturday we headed into Park City for some minor shopping, Mexican food, and the Alpine Coaster.
Sunday we all hung out and once again lounged most of the day. Monday we got up and headed to the lake with my brother and his fam. The weather and water were crappy when we got there, but as the day went on it calmed down and ended up being a great day on the lake!

I can't tell you how much I look forward to our Swiss Day weekend. I love shopping at the outlets with no kids, laughing with the girls all night long, scones for breakfast, the madness of checking out every booth at Swiss Days, and hanging out with family all weekend! It's one of my favorite weekends and I look forward to it every year.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It was a perfect weekend! I look forward to it as well. And might I add that we are now "professionals" when it comes to Swiss Days...we know how to get good deals, bust our way into the booths, and have the most fun!!
Love you...thanks for the laughs!

Kellie said...

Ah good old Swiss Days! That is so fun, and I love all the pictures :) I want to hear about your great finds! You look so great and your hair is getting so long! Miss you :)