Sunday, August 8, 2010

Finally Home.

It's so nice to finally be home! We were able to come home on Wednesday morning and it was great! I love the hospital, it's nice to recover and have the help, but it's also nice to finally be at home! I loved all my nurses and the cute staff at Riverton hospital. They were wonderful! After getting my staples out, going through the wonderful review of what to do and not to do with a newborn, and sticking her in her car seat (which she was NOT thrilled about), we were finally off.
Ethan has loved having Reese around. We are actually really surprised how well he has done. Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but so far he's been great with her. As far as Mr. Attitude still being present....he's still here, but just loves and kisses for Reese.
The last couple of days have been nice and relaxing. My wonderful hubby takes good care of us and I'm a little nervous for tomorrow when he goes back to work. We've caught up on some much needed sleep and bummed around at the house. This recovery has been much easier, I can't complain. I can't believe that it's already been a week. I want life to stand still for a little bit so that it doesn't go by too fast.
It's a little crazy to think that I have a family of four now! I love having Reese here and watching Ethan call her "sweetheart," "baby girl," "peanut," and any other name he hears us call her. I love those chubby cheeks of hers and can't seem to get enough kisses on them! She's so much fun to have around! I love my cute little family!

11 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh how I love newborns and the feeling of love and peace that they bring into the home. And they way they smell and cuddle.....Oh I just LOVE the newborn stage.

Isaac and Dallas said...

Kara she is so dang cute. I love seeing all the different colors in your house now.

Rosalie said...

Oh what a beautiful baby! What a GREAT big brother too! You have such a CUTE family!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

BIG Brothers are the BEST!!
I'm so glad he LOVES being one.
She is GORGEOUS!!

Ariel said...

Love the hair. She is a beauty. I am so happy for you. Enjoy your little Reese.

Kristin said...

I want to eat her!!
Oh and you're cute too!

Tyler and Jill said...

You look beautiful in the picture with her. Love you!

Kellie said...

Oh she is so beautiful! We are so happy she is here, and that you are all doing so well!
...How was today by yourself?!?

James and Heather said...

Kara, she is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so thrilled for you guys! You know who to call when you need a sitter!

I'm Mindy. said...

Oh...she is such a love bug!! Thanks for letting us steal her on Sunday...we cant get enough of cute Reese!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. I don't know what happened- I lost your blog link or something and then all of a sudden I check back and you've already had your sweet baby. I love her name! It's one of my favorites:)