Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Aloha Land...Day 1 & 2


Because of so many pictures, and the lack of wanting to pick which pictures to put where, I'm just going to post by day as my sister does. So here goes....

Friday morning we woke up ready to hit the airport. We flew out a day later then the rest of my siblings and even though I was sad that they left before us...it ended up working out for the best. Not only did they have over a two hour delay in the airport, had to fly slower because of head winds, and even slower because a door was broken on the plane (thank goodness they didn't die) we also dealt with an ear infection and were able to get to the doctor on Thursday before we left. So it all worked out.
We were off with Ethan's Diego backpack (best purchase ever) and all. the flight was great, no delays, and Ethan did pretty good for a 6.5 hour flight.
After arriving, getting our car, hitting up Chili's for some dinner, grocery shopping, and hitting Costco, we were off to finally check in! We were exhausted and it was a long day!

DAY 2 - Saturday
Saturday was a great day! How can it not be great to wake up to an ocean front balcony, beautiful warm weather, and just being in Hawaii. We spent the morning at the beach playing with the kids. We busted out our sand carving skills again and made a shark. The rest of the time we spent at the beach pool. The pool has sand half way through it, so all the little boys were able to play wherever they wanted without floaties and us freaking out. Ethan loved it! We spent a few times in timeout for bugging and not listening, but for the most part he was great.
That night we cooked up some dinner and then headed to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream to cool off.

8 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Looks like so much fun. The beach looks gorgeous!! Glad you guys had such a great time! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Tyler and Jill said...

Good times in Hawaii! I can't wait to see more pics...especially of the big waves on the north shore.

Margetts Fam said...

I am so embarrassed! I can't believe my boyfriend was in that picture with Ethan and his Diego backpack. I told him that he couldn't come to Hawaii with me so he just stayed at the airport. I can't believe he is in that picture! How embarrassing!

Isaac and Dallas said...

Looks like it was fun. I would love the backpack too. Looks like an amazing place to stay. Can't wait to see it.

Walter Family said...

That looks like heaven! I bet it was so hard to come back to cold Utah! I can't wait to see more pics!

Kellie said...

Yeah! I've been longing to see your beautiful pictures of Hawaii! Looks like so much fun; I'm excited to see the rest!

Annie said...

jealooouusss!! I love Hawaii. Great Pictures.

Angie said...

I swear every third post of yours you guys are in hawaii. How fun. I love the beach adn kids love the beach. Can't wait for more pictures. My husband and I will be very disappointed if we don't see any attempts at surfing.